LONGVIEW, TX (MEDINA COUNTY)
LONGVIEW, TEXAS (Medina County). Longview was a farming community near Live Oak Creek, two miles south of U.S. Highway 90 West, and four miles southwest of Hondo in central Medina County. In 1907 the Longview School had eighteen pupils and one teacher. During the 1920s the Longview community was occupied mostly by Mexican tenant farmers who worked fields of cotton. By 1923 the old box-style schoolhouse had two teachers. In that year the Longview district school board transferred funds to the Hondo Independent School District so that some of its older students could go to high school. There is evidence of an active Longview school and a few homesites in the community in 1947. By 1982 the Longview community had been abandoned.
Houston B. Eggen, History of Public Education in Medina County, Texas, 1848–1928 (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1950).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ruben E. Ochoa, "LONGVIEW, TX (MEDINA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlae), accessed May 26, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.