LIVE OAK, TX (MEDINA COUNTY)
LIVE OAK, TEXAS (Medina County). Live Oak was on Farm Road 462 a mile east of the Taylor oilfield and six miles south of Hondo in south central Medina County. The Live Oak School, constructed in 1907, employed one teacher for twelve students that year. In 1923 the school had two teachers and two buildings, one for white children and the other for Mexican children. Both schools were of wood-frame construction. A library of 200 volumes, a piano, and an organ were used at the two schools. By 1928 Live Oak had a high school. The school and a few scattered dwellings remained in the community as late as 1947 but had been abandoned by 1962.
Houston B. Eggen, History of Public Education in Medina County, Texas, 1848–1928 (M.A. thesis, University of Texas, 1950).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Ruben E. Ochoa, "LIVE OAK, TX (MEDINA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlaf), accessed September 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.