LACY, TX (BURNET COUNTY)
LACY, TEXAS (Burnet County). Lacy was ten miles southwest of Burnet in southwestern Burnet County. A post office was established there in 1880; John E. Simm was postmaster. By 1884 Lacy had a gristmill, a cotton gin, a general store, and forty residents; cotton was the principal shipment of area farmers. The post office was discontinued in 1888, and mail for the community was sent to Chappel (see FAIRLAND, TEXAS). Lacy residents probably moved away after the Burnet-Marble Falls section of the Austin and Northwestern Railroad was completed in 1889. No evidence of the community was shown on twentieth-century county highway maps.
Darrell Debo, Burnet County History (2 vols., Burnet, Texas: Eakin, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "LACY, TX (BURNET COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlah), accessed January 26, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.