LAHAI, TEXAS. Lahai was twelve miles south of Bertram in southeastern Burnet County. A post office was established there in 1890; Lewis L. Wix was postmaster. In 1892 Lahai had a Church of Christ and a school. The Lahai post office was discontinued in 1892, and mail for the community was sent to Bertram. No evidence of the community was shown on county highway maps by the 1940s.
Darrell Debo, Burnet County History (2 vols., Burnet, Texas: Eakin, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "LAHAI, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlaj), accessed May 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.