LEBANON, TX (LIVE OAK COUNTY)
LEBANON, TEXAS (Live Oak County). Lebanon was on a dirt road a mile north of Farm Road 1203 and twelve miles southeast of Three Rivers in east central Live Oak County. A school was built at the site in the 1880s; during the 1890s a Methodist congregation was organized in the vicinity and used the schoolhouse for its services. A number of revivals were held in Lebanon during the 1890s, sometimes attracting as many as 600 people from communities in Live Oak and Bee counties. The church was moved to Cadiz, a nearby town in Bee County, around 1920, and by 1940 Lebanon's Methodist congregation had been disbanded. A map drawn in the late 1930s shows only a graveyard at the site.
Ervin L. Sparkman, The People's History of Live Oak County (Mesquite, Texas, 1981).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.John Leffler, "LEBANON, TX (LIVE OAK COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlat), accessed April 18, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.