LACY, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)
LACY, TEXAS (Trinity County). Lacy, on Farm Road 3317 four miles north of Groveton in north central Trinity County, was founded by former slaves sometime after the Civil War. A church organized before 1900 has served as the focal point of the community. In the 1930s Lacy consisted of a church, a school, a cemetery, and a number of houses. In the early 1990s some twenty families, including descendants of the original African-American settlers, still lived in the area.The population was forty-four in 2000.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986). Trinity County Historical Commission, Trinity County Cemeteries (Burnet, Texas: Nortex, 1980).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LACY, TX (TRINITY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlcj), accessed April 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.