LUNDY, TEXAS. Lundy, off State Highway 7 twenty-two miles east of Crockett in eastern Houston County, was established in the mid-1890s. A post office opened there in 1897 with John W. Helton as postmaster. In 1900 the small settlement had a general store, a cotton gin and mill, and a number of houses. The post office closed in 1914, and by the mid-1930s Lundy was no longer shown on highway maps.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LUNDY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlem), accessed April 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.