LOCHRIDGE, TEXAS. Lochridge was on State Highway 1462 west of Rosharon in northwest Brazoria County. The community began with a farm, grocery store, and post office established in 1913 by Blackburn Lochridge, who later set up a gin and the town's first telephone service. The post office and scattered dwellings remained in the 1930s, though Lochridge died in 1929. The founder's son, Tom, maintained the business until the death of his mother, then moved to Rosharon. Lochridge disappeared by 1950 from the census.
James A. Creighton, A Narrative History of Brazoria County (Angleton, Texas: Brazoria County Historical Commission, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "LOCHRIDGE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlht), accessed July 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Modified on February 3, 2011. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.