LIMA, TEXAS. Lima, also known as Horse Valley, was near Farm Road 2107 twenty miles northwest of Bandera in northern Bandera County. A free school opened there in 1881. The Lima post office was established in 1898 with Robert P. Reeves as postmaster. It was discontinued in 1924, and mail for the community was sent to Medina. The community was not labeled on county highway maps in the 1940s, but several scattered houses were in the area. A 1982 topographic map of the region showed the Horse Valley Ranch and the Lima Landing Strip in the vicinity.
Bandera County History Book Committee, History of Bandera County, Texas (Dallas: Curtis, 1986). Mrs. Howard Graves, History of Bandera County Schools for over a Century (Bandera, Texas: Bandera County Historical Survey Committee, 1973).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "LIMA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlnr), accessed January 25, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.