LONE PINE, TX
LONE PINE, TEXAS. Lone Pine, nine miles south of Crockett on Farm Road 231 in south central Houston County, was established around 1900. In the mid-1930s the settlement comprised a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. In the early 1990s Lone Pine was a dispersed rural community for which no population estimates were available. By 2000 the population was listed as eighty-one.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LONE PINE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlpn), accessed October 01, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.