LEAL, TEXAS. Leal was near the confluence of Leon Creek and the Medina River, near the site of present Cassin in southern Bexar County. A post office, named in honor of a prominent local family, operated from 1858 to 1867. The community gradually declined after the Civil War and was supplanted by nearby Earle in the 1880s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LEAL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlss), accessed October 20, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.