LOWE'S CHAPEL, TX
LOWE'S CHAPEL, TEXAS. Lowe's Chapel was an early settlement located off State Highway 110 four miles north of Rusk in central Cherokee County. The site was first settled in the 1850s on the Hatchet Ferry Road, formerly the Cherokee Trace, and was evidently named for an early church. A local school opened before 1896, when it had an enrollment of thirty. In the mid-1930s the community comprised the school, a church and cemetery, and a few houses. The school later closed, and in the early 1990s only the church and cemetery remained.
Cherokee County History (Jacksonville, Texas: Cherokee County Historical Commission, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "LOWE'S CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrlvf), accessed June 20, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.