MARTINEZ, TEXAS. Martinez is at the junction of Farm roads 1346 and 1516, ten miles east of downtown San Antonio in east central Bexar County. The town became a station on the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway in 1877. It had a reported population of fifty in 1910, when W. C. Schlather operated a store there. Three businesses and a population of fifty were reported in 1940. Since that time the population has grown slowly, and in 1990 Martinez had seventy-five residents. Though the community was still shown on the Bexar County highway map in 2000, no population estimates were available.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "MARTINEZ, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrm17), accessed July 26, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.