MOGLIA, TEXAS. Moglia, on Farm Road 2050 fifteen miles north of Bruni and forty-five miles northeast of Laredo in eastern Webb County, was named for Lod Moglia, the original grantee of land. Lodovico Moglia operated a general store between 1900 and 1920. The population of the community was reported as twenty-five from 1920 to 1940. A post office operated there from 1913 to 1916. Highway maps of 1948 showed two residences in Moglia, and the community was still listed on highway maps in the 1980s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Michael D. Deane, "MOGLIA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrm47), accessed May 25, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.