MORRIS, TX (DEWITT COUNTY)
MORRIS, TEXAS (DeWitt County). Morris, three miles southwest of Yoakum in DeWitt County, was organized as a school community in June 1891 on land deeded by J. P. Morris of Coleman County. The school operated until 1950. The 1965 county highway map indicates that the school building was then serving as a community hall for the surrounding rural area.
Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Nellie Murphree, "MORRIS, TX (DEWITT COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrm52), accessed July 26, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.