MARILLA, TEXAS. Marilla was five miles north of Quail in western Collingsworth County. A post office was established there in May 1905, and a school district was founded. In 1910 the post office was merged with that of Quail, and during the 1930s the two school districts were likewise merged. In 1989 only a grain elevator remained at the site of Marilla.
Arthur Hecht, comp., Postal History in the Texas Panhandle (Canyon, Texas: Panhandle-Plains Historical Society, 1960).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.H. Allen Anderson, "MARILLA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrm67), accessed April 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.