MCCOY, TX (PANOLA COUNTY)
MCCOY, TEXAS (Panola County). McCoy, twelve miles southwest of Carthage off Farm Road 999 in southern Panola County, was first settled before the Civil War. In the mid-1930s the community had a school and a number of houses. Its school was consolidated with that of Gary around 1940. After World War II many McCoy residents moved away, but in the mid-1960s a church and a few scattered dwellings still remained in the area. During the early 1990s McCoy was a dispersed farming community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "MCCOY, TX (PANOLA COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmen), accessed December 12, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.