MCDUFF, TEXAS. McDuff was twelve miles northwest of Bastrop in northwestern Bastrop County. A post office operated from 1886 until 1906; James A. Wood was the first postmaster. By the 1890s the community had a general store, a saloon, and thirty residents. In 1905 the local school had nineteen students and one teacher. When the Bastrop County commissioners' court divided the county into school districts in 1907, McDuff became the focus of a district school; the school was consolidated with the Elgin Independent School District in 1949. The community was not marked on county highway maps in the 1940s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "MCDUFF, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmes), accessed April 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.