METTINA, TEXAS. Mettina was three miles northeast of Otto in northeastern Falls County. A post office was established there in 1891; by the mid-1890s the community had a general store and ten residents. Though the post office was discontinued in 1904, the school at Mettina had one teacher and twenty-eight students in 1905; it was consolidated with the Otto school district in 1937. A few scattered houses and a cemetery appeared on county highway maps of the area in the 1940s, but the community was unnamed; only the cemetery remained on county maps in the 1980s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "METTINA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmfl), accessed September 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.