MOORES', TEXAS. Moores', also known as Mooresville, was two miles northeast of Redwater off present U.S. Highway 67 in eastern Bowie County. It was named for Col. Charles Moores, on whose property the post office was located in 1841. Methodist circuit minister John W. P. McKenzie organized an early church there in 1842. The post office was discontinued in 1866. Later maps show no evidence of the community.
J. J. Scheffelin, Bowie County Basic Background Book (n.d.).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "MOORES', TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmjf), accessed March 06, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.