MIDWAY, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)
MIDWAY, TEXAS (Navarro County). Midway, off Farm Road 416 six miles east of Streetman in southern Navarro County, was established before 1900, when a school was in operation; in 1906 the school had an enrollment of forty-two. In the mid-1930s Midway had a church, a school, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was consolidated with the one at Streetman, and by the mid-1960s only a church and cemetery were left at Midway. In the early 1990s Midway was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "MIDWAY, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmlt), accessed March 10, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.