MANCE, TEXAS. Mance was 7½ miles north of Athens in north central Henderson County. A post office operated there from 1894 to 1905. After 1900 a gin and church were in the area, but by the mid-1930s the settlement was no longer named on maps. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "MANCE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmqg), accessed May 23, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.