MCBETH, TEXAS. McBeth was five miles from Angleton on the International and Great Northern line in central Brazoria County. A post office operated there from 1913 until 1916. In 1914 the community had sixty residents and a general store, a sawmill, a syrup refinery, and a cotton gin. By 1936, however, McBeth was no longer shown on the county highway map.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "MCBETH, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrmzb), accessed July 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.