NEEDMORE, TX (TERRY COUNTY)
NEEDMORE, TEXAS (Terry County). Needmore is at the intersection of U.S. Highway 385 and Farm Road 211, eleven miles northwest of Brownfield and four miles south of the Hockley county line in north central Terry County. Early settlers included the Beasley, Green, Brock, and Gibson families. A school established about 1904 eventually formed one of the first four districts in the county. Although the school became an independent district in 1929, it was consolidated with the Meadow school by the early 1940s. By the late 1960s Needmore had a general store, a gin, and a population of four. County maps of the 1980s showed one business at Needmore. In 2000 the population was fifty-five.
Terry County Historical Survey Committee, Early Settlers of Terry (Hereford, Texas: Pioneer, 1968).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "NEEDMORE, TX (TERRY COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrn03), accessed January 31, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.