NELLEVA, TEXAS. Nelleva is at the intersection of a county road and Farm Road 2154 on the Southern Pacific Railroad, twenty-two miles southeast of Bryan in the southeast corner of Brazos County. It was founded about 1900 as a flag stop on the International-Great Northern Railroad. In 1940 the community had a church, a school, and several dwellings. The school had been consolidated with the Navasota schools by the 1960s, and in 1980 the community consisted of a few scattered homes. In 1992 Nelleva was still listed on state highway maps.
Glenna Fourman Brundidge, Brazos County History: Rich Past-Bright Future (Bryan, Texas: Family History Foundation, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mark Odintz, "NELLEVA, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrn04), accessed September 03, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.