NEW TAITON, TX
NEW TAITON, TEXAS. New Taiton is on State Highway 71 and Farm Road 961, five miles south of Taiton in northwestern Wharton County. The 1936 county highway map showed a factory, a church, and scattered dwellings at the townsite. In the 1960s the community had a cotton gin and three other businesses. By 1989 the nearby New Taiton gas field had been developed, and the town had grown to include a factory, four other businesses, a town hall, a church, and a cemetery. New Taiton is on a mail route from El Campo.
Annie Lee Williams, A History of Wharton County (Austin: Von Boeckmann-Jones, 1964).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Diana J. Kleiner, "NEW TAITON, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrn18), accessed September 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.