NORTH PRAIRIE, TX
NORTH PRAIRIE, TEXAS. North Prairie is on State Highway 77 3½ miles north of Chilton in northwestern Falls County. It was established in the early 1900s as the focus of a common school district, and in 1905 the local school had one teacher and thirty-eight students. By the mid-1930s the number of students at the school had risen to seventy-two, and the North Prairie community had a store and a number of houses. In the late 1940s the North Prairie school was consolidated with Chilton Independent School District. A community center marked the town on county highway maps in the 1980s.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "NORTH PRAIRIE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrnfk), accessed October 31, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.