NORTH CHAPEL, TX
NORTH CHAPEL, TEXAS. North Chapel, a farming community near Interstate Highway 20 two miles north of Kilgore in southwestern Gregg County, was probably established before 1900. In the mid-1930s the small community had a school, a church, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II its school was closed, and many of its residents moved away. In the early 1990s only a few scattered dwellings remained in the area.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "NORTH CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrnhj), accessed July 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.