NUS, TEXAS. Nus, also called Nus Ranch, was twelve miles west of Groesbeck in western Limestone County. A post office was established there in 1892 with James B. Hudson as postmaster. By the mid-1890s the community had a general store, a flour mill and gin, two churches, and fifty residents. The local school had sixty-nine students in 1896. When the post office was discontinued in 1903, mail for Nus was sent to Ben Hur. A few scattered houses marked the community on county highway maps in the late 1940s, but only a cemetery was shown on maps of the area in the 1980s.
John J. Germann and Myron Janzen, Texas Post Offices by County (1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "NUS, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrnjl), accessed April 16, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.