NORWOOD, TX (MCLENNAN COUNTY)
NORWOOD, TEXAS (McLennan County). Norwood was ten miles south of Waco in southeastern McLennan County. It developed on the San Antonio and Aransas Pass Railway, which built through the area in 1889. A post office opened in 1893, with Edward Norwood as postmaster; it closed in 1901. The community had two general stores in 1896, but experienced little, if any, further growth. No evidence of the community was shown on county highway maps in the 1940s, and no population estimates were available.
William Robert Poage, McLennan County Before 1980 (Waco: Texian, 1981).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "NORWOOD, TX (MCLENNAN COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrnyr), accessed April 17, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.