O'DANIEL, TEXAS. O'Daniel, twelve miles south of Seguin in southern Guadalupe County, was named for John N. O'Daniel, a teacher. A post office opened in 1886. By the 1890s the community had two cotton gins, four churches, a general store, and a population of 450. The post office was discontinued in 1905, and by the 1940s there was no evidence of the community on county highway maps.
Guadalupe County Scrapbook, Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "O'DANIEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hro31), accessed December 07, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.