PATILO, TEXAS. Patilo, on Farm roads 2803 and 3208 near the Palo Pinto county line in northeastern Erath County, was settled about 1890. Henry Ator and G. A. Hunt, who became the first postmaster, established the first businesses. By 1900 the community had sixty-eight people, but the population declined to thirty-three by 1910. In 1940 Patilo had forty-four residents, a school, two churches, and two businesses. The population was ten in 1980 and 1990.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article."PATILO, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrp08), accessed April 24, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.