PAUL'S STORE, TX
PAUL'S STORE, TEXAS. Paul's Store, also known as Terrapin Neck, was seventeen miles east of Center in eastern Shelby County. Settled after the Civil War, the community had a post office from 1886 to 1906. It was named for William A. Paul, its first postmaster and the owner of the community gin, store, and sawmill. In 1946 Paul's Store had a reported population of fifty and a gin, a store, and a school. By the 1960s these institutions had closed, but the population was still estimated as fifty. By 1988 the site had been incorporated into Huxley.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Cecil Harper, Jr., "PAUL'S STORE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrp15), accessed November 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.