PEARL CITY, TX
PEARL CITY, TEXAS. Pearl City is at the intersection of State Highway 111 and Farm Road 951, across the road from the site of old Hochheim Prairie in the northern tip of DeWitt County. It was reputedly named for the quantity of Pearl Beer sold in Walter Hagen's store, built there in 1935. In 1962 the community had this store, two residences, a blacksmith shop, and a garage. It was still listed as a community in 1990. By 2000 the population was four.
Nellie Murphree, A History of DeWitt County (Victoria, Texas, 1962).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Nellie Murphree, "PEARL CITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrp17), accessed August 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.