PONE, TEXAS. Pone, locally called Short Pone, is between U.S. Highway 79 and Farm Road 839 before the two join, six miles southwest of Henderson in western Rusk County. Postmaster Luther O. Neeley was appointed in 1898. The office was discontinued in 1905, and mail was sent to Laneville. During the 1930s and 1940s Pone had two businesses and twenty-five residents. It was still listed as a community in 1990.
Dorman H. Winfrey, A History of Rusk County (Waco: Texian, 1961).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Megan Biesele, "PONE, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrp48), accessed October 21, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.