PONY, TEXAS. Pony is on Pony Creek and a local road just west of the Colorado River and ten miles southeast of Ballinger in southeast Runnels County. A post office, established in 1910 with Herman D. Davis as postmaster, served the area until discontinued and moved to Ballinger in 1918. By 1940 Pony was reported as having a population of twenty-five; the rural settlement and nearby Hoffman cemetery still appeared on 1980 county maps.
Frank D. Jenkins, ed., Runnels County Pioneers (Abilene, Texas: R&R Reproduction, 1975).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles G. Davis, "PONY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrp49), accessed May 24, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.