POST OAK POINT, TX
POST OAK POINT, TEXAS. Post Oak Point is a small farming community on the banks of Post Oak Point Creek, a tributary of the San Bernard River, three miles south of Industry in far western Austin County near the Colorado county line. The area was settled about 1850 by families of German immigrants who raised cotton and livestock. A rural school and church stood near the site until the turn of the century, when the town itself was founded. A post office was established in 1901 and named for the timber along a stretch of the east bank of the San Bernard, but it was discontinued in 1907. F. B. Miller opened a store in the community in 1910. In 1915 a population of 100 was reported. In 1936 the town had an estimated population of seventy-five and two businesses. In 2000 the community reported forty inhabitants.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Charles Christopher Jackson, "POST OAK POINT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrp55), accessed January 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.