POST OAK, TX (FREESTONE COUNTY)
POST OAK, TEXAS (Freestone County). Post Oak, also known as Postoak and Keechi, is an unincorporated farming community located in central Freestone County on Farm Road 1580, three miles south of Fairfield. It was settled about 1890 and named for the post oak trees in the area. It had a general store, a barber shop, a cotton gin, and a gristmill. The Post Oak black school had thirty-two students in 1893. In the 1930s the community had a school and a few scattered dwellings. By the late 1960s only a church and cemetery remained. No population estimates were available.
Freestone County Historical Commission, History of Freestone County, Texas (Fairfield, Texas, 1978).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Chris Cravens, "POST OAK, TX (FREESTONE COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrp57), accessed October 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.