POST OAK, TX (BLANCO COUNTY)
POST OAK, TEXAS (Blanco County). Post Oak is a rural community in western Blanco County eight miles northwest of Johnson City, at the junction of Farm roads 2721 and 1320 near Post Oak Creek. It was founded around 1874 by Pinkney Hickson, who donated a half acre of land for a school and two acres of land for a cemetery. Though the school at Post Oak was consolidated with those at Johnson City in the late 1930s, about fifteen families were still living in the community in 1958. In 2000 the population was ten.
Johnson City Record-Courier (Blanco County Centennial Edition, August 1, 1958).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Mary H. Ogilvie, "POST OAK, TX (BLANCO COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrp78), accessed July 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.