PLAINVIEW, TX (CORYELL COUNTY)
PLAINVIEW, TEXAS (Coryell County). Plainview was a small school community located in central Coryell County six miles southwest of Gatesville on Farm Road 1783. It grew up as a result of the consolidation of the Tipton and Hemmeline schools in 1925 and was named for its high ground and view of the surrounding area. The Plainview school was in turn consolidated with the Gatesville district in 1949. No population estimates for Plainview were available, and no evidence of the community appeared on county highway maps in the 1980s.
Coryell County Genealogical Society, Coryell County, Texas, Families, 1854–1985 (Dallas: Taylor, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "PLAINVIEW, TX (CORYELL COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrp99), accessed February 27, 2015. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.