PRAIRIE POINT, TX (BURNET COUNTY)
PRAIRIE POINT, TEXAS (Burnet County). Prairie Point was four miles east of Bertram in eastern Burnet County, near the Williamson county line. A school, established in 1882, and a Baptist church, organized the following year, shared a building at Prairie Point and served as the primary focus of the community. The school closed in 1921, and area children began attending school in Bertram; the church continued in operation until 1957, at which time the building was sold. The church and a few scattered houses marked the community on county highway maps in the 1940s, but by the 1980s nothing remained.
Darrell Debo, Burnet County History (2 vols., Burnet, Texas: Eakin, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, "PRAIRIE POINT, TX (BURNET COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpav), accessed July 23, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.