PECAN CITY, TX
PECAN CITY, TEXAS. Pecan City was on the Colorado River east of Citrus Grove and a few miles northwest of Matagorda in south central Matagorda County. The settlement had a pumping plant on the Colorado River and by 1917 a four-grade school. The school, apparently the only school in the area, was consolidated with the Palacios Independent School District in the 1930s or 1940s. Pecan City does not appear on the 1936 county highway map.
Matagorda County Historical Commission, Historic Matagorda County (3 vols., 1986–88).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Rachel Jenkins, "PECAN CITY, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpbl), accessed December 11, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.