PEARSON'S CHAPEL, TX
PEARSON'S CHAPEL, TEXAS. Pearson's Chapel, also known as Pearson's, a farming community at the junction of Farm roads 1280 and 3151, six miles west of Lovelady in south central Houston County, developed around a church of that name that had been established before 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War II its school was consolidated with that of Lovelady, and by the mid-1960s only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. In the early 1990s Pearson's Chapel was a dispersed rural community.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PEARSON'S CHAPEL, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpdj), accessed August 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.