PLEASANT VIEW, TX
PLEASANT VIEW, TEXAS. Pleasant View was near the Trinity River twenty-two miles west of Athens in far western Henderson County. The site was first settled before 1890, and at one time there was a church and school nearby. After World War II most of the residents left the area, and by the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PLEASANT VIEW, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrphg), accessed May 18, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.