PANSY, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)
PANSY, TEXAS (Navarro County). Pansy, on State Highway 31 five miles west of Corsicana in central Navarro County, was established around 1900. A Pansy post office operated between 1900 and 1910, and during the early 1900s several stores and a gin operated in the area. By the mid-1930s, however, the community no longer appeared on highway maps.
Alva Taylor, History and Photographs of Corsicana and Navarro County (Corsicana, Texas, 1959; rev. ed., Navarro County History and Photographs, Corsicana, 1962).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PANSY, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrphw), accessed December 22, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.