PISGAH, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)
PISGAH, TEXAS (Navarro County). Pisgah, on Pisgah Ridge seven miles south of Corsicana in south central Navarro County, was first settled in the late 1840s. A Pisgah post office opened in 1891 but closed the following year, and a school began operating at the site before the turn of the century. At its height around 1900 Pisgah had a school, several stores, a combination cotton gin and gristmill, and a church. In the mid-1930s the community still had a church, a school, a store, and a number of houses. After World War II the school was consolidated with the Richland school, and by the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few widely scattered houses were left in the Pisgah area.
Wyvonne Putman, comp., Navarro County History (5 vols., Quanah, Texas: Nortex, 1975–84).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PISGAH, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpkg), accessed May 19, 2013. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.