PLEASANT HILL, TX (HOUSTON COUNTY)
PLEASANT HILL, TEXAS (Houston County). Pleasant Hill, also known as Antrim, was a rural community ten miles northwest of Grapeland in northwestern Houston County near the Anderson county line. The community grew up around a school organized around 1864. The school, known as Antrim School, was among the earliest in the county. After the Civil War the school building was moved to a new community known as Pleasant Hill. The settlement had two stores, a blacksmith shop, and a saloon. After the construction of the International-Great Northern Railroad most of the town's residents moved to the nearby rail stop at Grapeland, and by 1900 Pleasant Hill was a ghost town. No population estimates were available.
Armistead Albert Aldrich, The History of Houston County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1943). Houston County Historical Commission, History of Houston County, Texas, 1687–1979 (Tulsa, Oklahoma: Heritage, 1979).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PLEASANT HILL, TX (HOUSTON COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrplv), accessed December 27, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.