PINEY POINT, TX
PINEY POINT, TEXAS. Piney Point was a post office community four miles northwest of Groveton in northwestern Trinity County. The post office operated from 1857 until 1858; Groves M. Brazier was the postmaster. By the time of the Civil War the settlement no longer appeared on maps. No population estimates were available.
Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PINEY POINT, TX," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpqp), accessed November 26, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.