PLEASANT GROVE, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)
PLEASANT GROVE, TEXAS (Navarro County). Pleasant Grove, on Oak Valley Road and the St. Louis Southwestern Railway two miles southwest of Corsicana in central Navarro County, grew up around a church founded in the 1880s. Among the first to preach at Pleasant Grove Church was James Edward Ferguson, father of later governor James Edward Ferguson. M. K. Little was an early pastor. In the mid-1930s the community consisted of the church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, but in the mid-1960s the church and a cemetery were still maintained. In the early 1990s Pleasant Grove was a dispersed rural community.
Annie Carpenter Love, History of Navarro County (Dallas: Southwestern, 1933).
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PLEASANT GROVE, TX (NAVARRO COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrprk), accessed November 28, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.