PIEDMONT, TX (UPSHUR COUNTY)
PIEDMONT, TEXAS (Upshur County). Piedmont, three miles southeast of Gilmer and a mile east of U.S. Highway 271 in south central Upshur County, was probably established around 1900. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, and a number of houses. Many of its residents moved away after World War II, but in the mid-1960s the school and the church were still present. In 1990 Piedmont was a dispersed rural community. In 2000 the population was twenty.
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this article.Christopher Long, "PIEDMONT, TX (UPSHUR COUNTY)," Handbook of Texas Online (http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrpsn), accessed July 30, 2014. Uploaded on June 15, 2010. Published by the Texas State Historical Association.